Convened every other year by Arts Alliance Illinois and the Illinois Arts Council Agency, One State Together in the Arts is the only statewide, multidisciplinary conference for arts leaders, practitioners, and advocates in Illinois.
Over 250 people from across the state came together in the Quad Cities for the 2013 One State. Throughout the conference, we witnessed the creative power of the arts to solve shared problems and change communities. To watch and share a talk, click on a thumbnail below.
- Internationally acclaimed artist and urban planner Theaster Gates
- Storyteller and theater artist Tekki Lomnicki
- Peoria sculptor Preston Jackson
- Rockford filmmaker Pablo Korona
- Community engagement evangelist Doug Borwick
- Champaign-Urbana social entrepreneur Gail Rost
- Rural arts pioneers Donna Neuwirth and Jay Salinas
- Experimental choreographer and dancer Jennifer Monson
- Harper High School teacher Imran Khan
- Social justice advocate Jane M. Saks
- Chicago pick-up collective The Dance Team